On Sunday, I had a very nice Mother's Day. After church, we took a (very slow) ferry to Mui Wo, which is the next little town on Lantau Island. It's definitely nothing fancy or gorgeous, but it was really fun to explore a small Chinese village. We got some food at McDonald's(!), went through a few shops, and then walked up to Silvermine Waterfall and Cave. I'll post some pictures so you can see it.
The house is starting to really feel comfortable now! I finally got curtains, and that really helps a lot. However, Sam's curtains are so bright; it's blinding in there! I'm going to have to get them changed. I also ordered lights that should be ready next week sometime. The lights are for the entryway, living room, and dining room. Right now, there's just a light bulb screwed in each socket!
Thought I'd just mention a funny story regarding Dave. The people who lived here before us left a beautiful orchid in a pot in the backyard. Dave decided to replant it and bring it indoors. So he bought a nice looking pot, some grass, a post and some clips. Then he replanted it, attached the post to keep it upright, and put it on our dining room table. It really looked nice, and I complemented him on that. He thought for a minute and then he said, "It's fake." He had just realized that it was fake at that moment! After replanting it and everything! We all had a good laugh from that, and now he's planted a real orchid in the pot instead.
We are looking forward to seeing you all this summer! I will fly home with the kids around July 1st or 2nd and stay for about five weeks. Dave will come a little later, and stay for about two weeks. Can't wait!
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment